Texture mapping maps lip syncing to a series of textures that represent your character's visemes. Great for that classic cartoon feel!
Note that you can also power eye blinking and facial expressions (happy, sad, etc.) via the combo-textures mapping, which can also be used in combination with regular texture mapping.
1. Open your character's Unity scene and select the character in the Hierarchy pane.
2. In the Inspector pane, change the Expression Type setting to Textures.
3. Scroll down in the Inspector pane to find the list of textures for each facial expression.
4. Drag each of your textures into the Project pane, then select them all.
5. In the Inspector pane, change the following settings then click Apply:
6. Drag each of your facial expression textures into the appropriate setting found in step 3.
Next: Combo-texture mapping